Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, November 21, 2015

The Moment I Almost Lost Him

Dah lama nak tulis pasal kisah ni. Cuma.. I'm not ready yet..

Now, sekolah pun dah habis, I have the time to recall the moment when I almost lost him.

Along these 5 years, undeniably tahun ni paling kami diuji Allah SWT. It all started hujung tahun lepas. Mr H had problems with his salary. But rezeki Allah tu ada selagi berusaha. Alhamdulillah dapatlah cover expenses sikit2 dgn berniaga. He managed to secure a new job which will start in May 2015. Then... the accident.. Read here

He was coming back from Terengganu. Drove safely to his office in Puchong. He then changed to his motobike, on his way home to us when the car hits him. A passerby called the ambulance as he was bleeding profusely (Sampai sekarang tak tahu siapa yg call. Kalau dpt jumpa encik ni, mmg sy nak sangat2 say thank you from the bottom of my heart. Thank you sir...) My Ayah and brother arrived at the scene 10 minutes after the accident. Ayah accompanied him on the JPAM's ambulance to the nearest hospital, Hospital Kajang.

Location of the accident. He was thrown a few feet into the air and fell onto the road, rolled and ended in the middle of the leftmost lane. Syukur he managed to dragged himself onto the grass. 

Splotches of blood on the visor. Scratches were from rolling on the road.
Hospital Kajang. On a makeshift bed along the corridor by a sink. Poor ventilation, poor service, the air is permanently stinking of urine, not hygienic what-so-ever here
The blood wouldn't stop seeping out of his bandage, soaking the bed sheet.
When I first saw him, it was around 3.00 am. We were in the Emergency Department. He was very pale, dirt all over his face. I took the end of his blanket, gently trying to clean his face. A doctor saw us and he handed some clean gauze, cotton and cold water for me. It really was a small gesture, but I was so touched. Thank you doctor.

I didn't say much. He was just lying there, eyes closed. A few times, he opened his eyes wide, frantically looking around. I held his face close, telling him I'm there, I'll take care of him, everything's gonna be ok. Dia masih terkejut, trauma.

The doctors came then and carried out various test and scans. I stood some distance away, yet he was still within my vision.

"Puan isteri Encik Ridzuan?"
Ya.

Then the doctors explained to me everything. A broken wrist, a near amputated index finger at the tip, deep cut around his right heel. Internally, he's ok. The head scan shows that everything is ok too.

Was he wearing a helmet?
Yes.

When did he last ate?
Around 6 hours ago.

Ada penyakit berjangkit? Merokok? Minum alkohol? On substances?
No. No. No. No

Ada apa2 alahan?
Tiada.

Surprisingly, through all the interrogation, medical explanation, filling up various forms, my mind was clear. I was very, very calm. Alhamdulillah.

The doctors worked fast and professionally, and managed to join his fingers back. They cemented his right arm. His heel worried me as the bleeding won't stop. My fear became true as by night, he was experiencing high fever due to infection.


We waited almost a day for an opening in the operation theater. He was mumbling in his fever-induced sleep. Sometimes, he jolted up in excruciating pain. I just couldn't bear watching him in pain no more. That's it! I fought our way out of Hospital Kajang at 1.00am, got him into our car (soaked bandages and all) and drove straight to Hospital Putrajaya.

It was a great relief once I handed him over to Putrajaya's staffs. Rezeki kami, ada katil kosong dlm wad lelaki. Alhamdulillah! By 4.00am, we were in his clean, comfortable ward, him heavily sedated and sleeping. Only then I realised that I've been on my feet for almost 28 hours.

Deeply asleep
I couldn't sleep. I tried to but I couldn't. I guess I'm scared that I'll "loose" him if I shut my eyes. An hour later we were told that his operation will be carried out at 6.00am.

The smile to console the wife who was worried sick right before being pushed off to OT
I followed him to the OT. A nurse showed me to a waiting room next to it. When he's out, they'll call for me. He's out of my sight now. If felt like forever. All those while, a lot a things went through my mind. Yet, I was still ok and calm. I told myself repeatedly everything's ok, everything's ok. Allah ada. Be strong. He needs me. Anak2 needs me. Again and again...

Two hours later, he's out. Alhamdulillah they managed to cleaned and stitched his gaping heel back in place. Then, it's just recuperating for another two days in the ward.

Mak took over my place once he was settled in his ward. I went home to the kids.

Mama pergi mana?
Mama pergi jaga Ayah.

Mana Ayah? Bila Ayah nak balik?
Ayah sakit. Ayah kat hospital tempat Aunty Tina work. Dia tak boleh balik lagi.

Nanti Ayah habis work Ayah balik?
(Sedih2 dah ni..) Ye. Habis work Ayah balik.

For the next three days, I was juggling between him, the kids, school and a bad-case fever and cough. Penat jangan cakaplah. Mata rasa sakit sbb tak cukup tidur. Makan pun macam robot, asal telan je sebab perlu tenaga nak bekerja and jaga Mr H. I had help from Mama and Mak to take care of the house and the children. Mama came to the house everyday to send raw materials for Mak to cook. Syukurnya ada support system yg sgt mantap. Thank you Mama and Mak...

Sob2x...
Happy face being showered with gifts and flowers. Haha!
The rescuers, Ayah and Izzad
When Mr H was finally discharged, new problems arises. Since his arm and leg affected were on the right side, he couldn't move on his own. He too couldn't eat, bath or go to the loo by himself. And he has to go for wound dressing everyday at a clinic nearby. So, I rushed back home everyday from school to bath and feed him, then to the clinic. It was awkward at the beginning but after a few days, we got the hang of it. And making things easier, a kind-hearted friend of Ayah loaned us a wheelchair!!

Bila lagi nak masuk parking OKU kan?
Learning to use the utensils again
His recuperating rate was super fast. Ramai tanya apa yg Mr H buat.

Varieties of supplement 
These were his injuries. Please be mind that the following images may be gruesome to some...

The heel and leg




The finger



The arm


Broken wrist

The doctors estimated his recovery will take around 2 months. Alhamdulillah for him, it took only 6 weeks. Sekarang Mr H is healthy and well. His deformed fingertip was the only permanent scar of what we've been through. He's currently working in a new company and getting paid for it. Hehe.

How has this experience change us?
In a lot of ways. But it solidified a few things about us:

Suami yang baik adalah suami yang buncit.
Isteri yang baik adalah seorang yang tembam

Hahaha!!

Kasih tiada hujung

No comments:

Post a Comment